Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary!

(I meant for this to go on the blog on Saturday, but must have done something wrong when I went to schedule it before we left on vacation, so this is just a couple of days late. Our anniversary was actually the 5th of July.)

Five years ago today was the best day of my life...I married my very best friend, Robb Huff. It's amazing how five years can go by so quickly, yet I cannot remember or imagine life without him in it! Let me tell you a little bit about the love of my life...

As a friend, Robb is as kind and patient as anyone I have ever met. He always has nice things to say about people...or he doesn't say them at all! He puts people above everything else, and truly cares about his friends. Robb is extremely loyal. While he is a big tease, he would never, ever intentionally hurt anyone. He is the best listener I know.

As a father, well, you can't get any better! Robb hurries home each evening to his baby girl, and truly delights in her. He is quick to help take care of her, and does a great job! Payton laughs more for her daddy than anyone else! (which he is very pleased about, since most people tease him about his corny jokes!!!)

As a husband, Robb truly portrays I Corinthians 13. He is gentle and devoted, creative and fun, and truly provides the perfect balance for me. Through all my personal ups and downs (pregnancy, for example!), Robb has been the steady hand that keeps everything together. Most of all, he daily seeks God for wisdom as the head of our home; that means the world to me.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our wedding day. (Sorry for the poor quality and size; I had trouble scanning them in.)




Grow old along with me, the best if yet to be...

(the song I managed to surprise Robb with by singing at our wedding!)


3 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Happy Annversary (A few days late). Hope you are having a great time on your vacation. Give Payton a kiss and a squeeze for me!

Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary!
Brian and I have some of the fondest memories from the time surrounding your wedding. We had such a wonderful time being a part of it....you have a wonderful, fun family!

Love you,
Jamie

Holly said...

What a lovely couple! Congrats on 5 years! Robb, I remember both of us pining away in Europe for our "loves"... isn't God good to have blessed us with a lifetime with them?!