Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My first Mother's Day...

I had a simply beautiful day Sunday. Really, it started Saturday afternoon with our picnic to the beach, and continued with the Mother/Daughter banquet at our church, followed by an enjoyable and relaxing Sunday. The pictures tell the story...


Robb took this picture of Payton and I at home, before we headed off to our very first Mother/Daughter banquet.



My mom, my daughter, and I. I am so blessed to have not only a mother, but a best friend in my mom!



My sister-in-law, Mary Ellen, my niece, Kaitlyn, Payton, and myself. We didn't plan to match, but it worked out nicely for this group photo!



My cousin, Bianca, and her new little baby boy, Wyatt, joined us for the evening. Wyatt was extremely good during the entire banquet, but I don't think he liked being surrounded by women for a picture!



My mom did a beautiful job with the decorations, as usual! Each table had a nice white tablecloth with a black sheer overlay. In the middle of each table was a black lantern (she had different kinds for a kind of "eclectic" look), and bright pink rose petals. It looked very classy and elegant, yet the bright pink made it look really fun.


The table setting...

Payton and I on Sunday morning...our first Mother's Day together! I wanted to find really nice mother/daughter outfits, but I didn't find any that I liked. I already had a white outfit from Easter, and I found a white dress for Payton that I just love.




Payton gets pretty heavy in church, especially when she is squirmy, so we all take turns! In this picture, she's sitting pretty calmly with my dad!



Payton and I with my mom...my parents came over to our house for a special Sunday dinner.


Payton definitely loves her Nana, and always has a big smile for her!



It is a little hard to tell (wink, wink!), but Payton is hamming it up for the camera in this picture! She is such a happy baby, and I am so very blessed...



Chilling out after a busy weekend...



Play time with Daddy...


I hope all of you mothers had as wonderful a Mother's Day as we did!!!

8 comments:

Liz said...

Okay, next time you see your mom, please hug each other for me!! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes wishing I could just squeeze you! I love the picture of Payton hamming! Count those little rolls on her arms! :>) Gotta love a chubby baby! Mine all felt like marshmallows! :>)
Love you!

Keith and Crystal said...

You all look so beautiful. I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Mary Ellen said...

Very nice pictures. Did the one of you singing to her not turn out? You did such a great job, that was beautiful.

I'm going to steal a couple of these and put them on my blog. "-)

Jamie said...

Loved the pictures.
I am so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day....I don't think there's anything quite like your first one....it's so special.

Saturday night I was putting Megan to bed and telling her how grateful I was to be her Mom. Of course, I got emotional talking to her....she couldn't quite figure out what was "wrong" with her Mommy! I assured her that I was just very happy!

Motherhood is a wonderful treasure...hectic and stressful, but awesome! :)

Brenda said...

Wow - the banquet looks very nice. I love Payton's white dress!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures! Payton is adorable!
Love Ya,
Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! Looks like y'all had a wonderful mother's day. So did we!

We love y'all, and would love to visit sometime. We'll see what we can work out.

Jarod, Anna, & Zeke

sarahmfry said...

Wow. Those are some gorgeous pictures. That one of your mom and Payton laughing at each other is priceless, timeless, frameable!

I'm glad that I got to see you for about 2 minutes at the airport on my way out. I've "known" you from a distance, but it was great to get to meet you and your beautiful girl in person.