Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thank you, Mary!

Here is my debut into the world of blogging...thanks to my kind and patient sister-in-law, Mary Ellen. She spent a couple of hours this morning helping me set up a blog for our family. I told her she has much more patience than I have; I would go crazy sitting here trying to figure this all out!


The purpose of my blog site is primarily to share pictures and stories about my beautiful baby girl! I'm sure I'll think of a few other things to blog about along the way, though.


Speaking of Payton, she laughed out loud this morning for the first time...completely in her sleep! It was such a funny sounding laugh, and completely caught me off guard, as I was not expecting it at all. I wonder what she was dreaming about... :)


I received some excellent news this morning. Most everyone reading this already knows, but just in case...I teach elementary vocal music at a private school in Palm Beach, FL. The school kindly worked out a contract for me for next year teaching two days a week, which was very exciting for us. I want to continue teaching a little, but still be able to be home most of the time with Payton. But, that is for next year. I am currently on maternity leave, but am supposed to return on May 5th--full-time. I have been hoping and praying that it would work out for me to return part-time, even though it is only for a few weeks. Then, we'll be out for summer vacation. Anyway, this was a big answer to prayer, and very, very exciting!

11 comments:

Leah said...

Well - how completely and positively cool is this!! LOVE the blog and thrilled you have joined the ranks! Be careful though - readin gblogs can become addicting!! :)) :))

Jamie said...

I am so glad you have a blog! Payton is adorable...and I am going to enjoy seeing updated pictures of her and you guys too!
Love you,
Jamie

CharleneOwensMomof2 said...

I for one have no idea to "readin gblogs" but I am glad you set a blog up. (Had to tease Leah) It looks great and the pictures are beautiful!

Glad the job thing worked out for you!

Mary Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Ellen said...

Welcome to the blog world!! I love what you did after I left - everything looks really nice.

How hilarious that while Charlene is trying to tease Leah for her spelling error she types a sentence that doesn't make sense..."I for one have no idea to"??? That's great!

So glad you are going to blog, even if we live near each other. It helps us keep up with Payton (and you guys) in between seeing her/you two.

CharleneOwensMomof2 said...

Hee hee Mary! I meant to say I, for one, have no idea how to "readin gblogs". Smart alec!

Liz said...

Welcome, Robyn! I was going to say, "I've been waiting forever!" but that might be a little extreme . . :>) So excited to keep in touch a little more! Maybe someone can show you how to set up Google Reader next - BIG time saver.

Thanks for the baby announcement, by the way. I was wondering if you got ours . . . I realized I sent it to your old address after I mailed it.

Robyn Huff said...

For Lizzy...yes, we got the announcement about Heath...he is ADORABLE!

Misty said...

Welcome to the blog world!! And I second Lizzy's "google reader is a time saver!"

Now if we could just convince my sister.......

Anonymous said...

Your blog is GREAT, Robyn! I enjoyed watching Mary Ellen's children while she helped you set it up! Actually, I'm at Mary Ellen's right now! The children are sleeping, so I'm getting some online time! HAPPY blogging!:D
Smiles, Ruthanne

Anonymous said...

So glad you joined the world of blogging! Can't wait to see all the pictures! :-) Your daughter is beautiful, congratulations!

p.s. you look fantastic too, by the way.