Friday, April 11, 2008

Daddy's Girl








Payton is truly her daddy's girl...she has him completely and utterly wrapped around her little, itty, bitty finger! Of course, it helps that he is, in my opinion, the best daddy around! He can change diapers as fast as I can (he enjoys this job because Payton almost always smiles and "talks" while having her diaper changed!) and is my very favorite "baby burper"! From the moment we found out we were having a baby, he viewed "our" pregnancy as a team effort, and he has done the same since Payton was born. I am very thankful to have such a patient, kind, AND fun teammate!

And it helps that Payton LOVES her daddy! What is it about daddy's and little girls??? Before she was born, he bought her a BEAUTIFUL pink, silk dress, complete with a matching bonnet and diaper cover. It is covered with these rows of little ruffles, and under each ruffle there is a line to a poem. It goes like this:


"Stiched between these ruffles and folds
is a pretty little tale just waiting to be told
about a wee girl and her little pink dress
She loved it so much it was always a mess!"

The best part of the whole thing is that on the back of the diaper cover it says, "The End."

Here are some pictures of Payton in her "Little Pink Dress." Enjoy!
Sorry, I forgot to rotate the picture of Payton and Robb before adding it to the blog, and now I can't get it to rotate!






12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn, glad to find your blog. Payton is a cutie!

Love,
Crystal

Tracy said...

Hellooooooooo Robyn! :) Welcome to blogland. That child is the most beautiful little girl in the world! So excited that you are doing this. It is a neat way to document all of her milestones. Love Ya, Tracy

Anonymous said...

HI Robyn! I'm glad you now have a blog. It'll be nice to stop by once in a while to see what's going on.

Nice pictures. We love to see those!!

Laura H

Anonymous said...

Awwwe!!! She is so cute. I think she is definately a great mixture of the two of you. You all look so happy. Glad to see you blogging. Love, Dana

Jamie said...

Love the pictures Robyn! What a sweet dress. I was glad you wrote what it said, because I was wanting to know.
That's neat that Robb is so good with her!

Julie said...

She is beautiful. Take care, Julie

Aimee said...

Happy blogging!

Janette said...

Congratulations for your beautiful baby girl! I can see the "Huff" in her!
I enjoy keeping up with my friends through blogs and are glad to see you started one!

Erin said...

HEY ROBYN!!!! I am glad you have a blog. Thank you for the birth announcement, she is beautiful.. as I expected she would be! Congrats to you both.
Also, congrats on the job. I can agree with you wanting to work a little, but primarily be "mommy." That is perfect!

Take care!
Erin E

Liz said...

That is the cutest dress! Never seen one like that!

In the first picture she reminds me so much of baby pictures I've seen of you . . . she's just beautiful.

Isn't it the greatest privilege to have a enthusiastic teammate!? :>) Darrell's a super help too - it means to world to me. (Keeps me sane!)

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie ~ and a beautiful baby!! I was so glad to get to see her waaaay out here in Oklahoma.:) I know you and Robb are/will be wonderful parents and we're so happy for you!
Love ya lots,
Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Of course, I think she is the most beautiful baby girl since her Mama was born!

Love you,
Mom