Friday, April 25, 2008

Bumbo


This is Payton's latest and greatest toy...a Bumbo! I have seen them in the stores, seen the ads in Parenting magazine, etc., but wasn't quite sure it would be something we would use. However, after purchasing one yesterday at Babies R Us with leftover giftcards, I am so glad I did! Payton really enjoyed it when we tried it out for a few minutes yesterday. She seemed to like this "new view" of the world! Basically, it is just a little seat (all very soft and cushy) that holds their body into place to help them gain muscle strength to sit up on their own.


Trying out our new gadget...


Robb just had to snatch this picture...our precious little angel's chubby little legs were a tight squeeze! I was afraid we were pinching her too much as we literally squished her legs in, but she never complained. There were no red marks or anything, so I think she was fine! I think it is probably supposed to be really tight fitting them in so that they cannot slip out. But, it was very, very funny when we realized just how fat her thighs are!!!


A little play time with Daddy...


Which led to spit up running down his neck...he was pretty grossed out!

5 comments:

Matt and Silvia Decker said...

She is so cute in her Bumbo seat. Alex has one too and loves it... but we have the same problems with the chubby thighs :)

Jamie said...

I think those seats are so cool. I actually wished I would have bought one a few months ago for Katie. They look so great!

Jana said...

Robyn- What a beautiful little girl!! Aren't kids just the greatest?!! It's great catching up with you via the "wonderful world of blogging". I'll be checking back. :-)

The Arender's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Arender's said...

Hey Robyn,
Enjoy your blog. Alexa had a bumbo as well. They are so handy. Payton is just beautiful and precious. Love her smile. I am so happy for you all! I will try to keep in touch.
Adrian