Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Concert 2008

I am breathing once again...my Winter Concert 2008 is over! I teach Pri-Primary-3rd grade vocal music, so December is always a busy time of the year, what with 3+ shows at school and all the personal stuff we are involved in (church, etc.). Here are a few pictures from the concert last week. With 200+ K-3rd graders on stage, it was a fun and busy group to conduct!


The theme this year was "Celebration of Peace". The students learned songs from several different countries, and studied how those cultures celebrate the holidays. Since the school has no religious affiliation, I have to be very careful how I handle the holidays! Many of our students celebrate Hanukkah, so we are always very respectful of that. I have actuallly learned a lot about this biblical holiday; it is very interesting!












I love teaching the choreography to the students; they are very entertaining!


We have some talented faculty who played Santa and Rudolph this year; they were HILARIOUS! I obviously don't really "believe" in these characters, but they are fun, timeless traditions for the children, and we have a great time with it.




This little blond, curly-haired Kindergartener is one of my "favorites." He sang a big solo for our finale that made everyone cry!







The parents were all pleased, and the children had a great time=success!!!
Already thinking about next year...

No comments: