Friday, December 5, 2008

Singing Christmas Tree 2008

I forgot to upload my pictures first, so now my text is al down below...you may want to scroll down and read that first, or the pictures won't really make since!


The Wisemen come to visit


John Paul and Jolie Churchill play Mary and Joseph. They are so great with Payton, so I am glad they are playing this important role! Payton just looked all around. She kept trying to pull the earpieces out of John Paul and Jolie's ears!


My niece, Kaitlyn, is on the end. She just couldn't help herself; when the children's choir came up to sing, she just had to look for Payton. I love this picture, because you can tell that Payton spotted her too!


Kaitlyn and Lydia Bozone











Payton clapped right along with the audience!


Visited by the shepherds


John Paul and Jolie sang a beautiful song about worship.


Payton kept looking out at the audience, smiling, like she really understood that she was in the spotlight!

One of my very, very, very favorite things about Christmas is the Singing Christmas Tree, put on by Hobe Sound Bible Church (where we attend), and Hobe Sound Bible College (where Robb and I both graduated). This is the 12th Annual Singing Christmas Tree, and I personally have been involved in the past 8 trees; this year is my 9th! But, this is maybe the most fun year of all for us. Payton is Baby Jesus this year, and we are so proud (in a good way, I think!) When Paula (the drama director) asked us if Payton could be Baby Jesus, I didn't hesitate for a second! I knew she would do a great job, since she is such a good-natured little lady! Robb and I have been Mary and Joseph 3 different years, and we've used a lot of babies; all wonderful, adorable babies, but not all were right for Baby Jesus! It is very, very hot up there, very loud, the fog machines are right in your face, and with all the lights and action, it can be a little overwhelming for a baby. The other thing that makes a good Baby Jesus is a little older baby. If they are tiny, the audience can't really see them, and the crowd just loves a baby that interacts with them...Payton has NO trouble with this at all!

Wednesday was Payton's first "performance", and she did such a great job. She didn't cry at all, and the only sounds she made were those cute baby sounds that everyone loves! She clapped when the audience clapped, which was pretty funny. She was smiling and waving, like someone had scripted it and given her instructions!

Here are a few pictures. I wasn't able to get a really great one of her smiling. It is dark in there, and I'm not very good at "night time" exposures. If anyone here in Hobe Sound happens to get a good picture of her, please e-mail it to me!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I think seeing Payton was our favorite part of watching the tree Friday night! At one point she waved at the crowd at the time it seemed like they were exiting the stage! We thought she was so adorable!!!

Jana said...

What an awesome looking production!! Payton looks adorable.

I had to chuckle when I clicked on your blog and saw your background. We had the same one for fall, and now we share the same one for Christmas. Great minds must think alike! :-)