Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Party

Our Young Married Fellowship had a little Christmas get-together this past Saturday evening. Robb and I were excited to host the event; it was our first time to host a "church" event. Unfortunately, many of the couples were already out of town for the holidays, but we had a really fun time with the few that came. I didn't even think about pictures until the evening was almost over. I told Rebekah that Mary would be ashamed of us...LOL!


Kelly gave me this idea for the tables, and I was pleased with how it turned out. I cut a bunch of "twigs" and small branches, sprayed them with that fake snow stuff, and put it with some sprayed pinecones and little boughs of these pepper berries that grow here in the winter time. When the candles were lit, I thought it looked nice and simple, but pretty.




Part of the dessert table...we are not lacking for good bakers and cooks in this group! The desserts spread clear over onto another table that I didn't get pictured.


Bianca's cake...it turned out so pretty...but the guys didn't leave it alone for very long!


We had a great time playing paper battleship. Chad ended up winning!


Some of the people at the party...(from left to right), Scott Pinkston, Robb, Bianca Pinkston, John Paul Churchill. (Jolie and I were "out" of the game by this time, and moved to the kitchen to visit and start cleaning up!)

It was a really fun evening with a nice group of friends. Thanks for coming, everyone!

2 comments:

Melanie C. said...

You did a beautiful job with the decorating. I have been "in charge" of decorating some "extra special occasions" in the past. I love it, but boy am I a bundle of nerves until it is all set up!

Anonymous said...

It turned out beautiful Robin! I'm sure you were a wonderful hostess! Looks like everyone had fun...sorry we missed it! We look forward to seeing you guys soon! Kelly