Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The perfect summer evening

This past Friday night, we enjoyed the PERFECT summer evening with some of our best friends, Anthony and Kelly Heath and their three children, along with a new friend, Natalie Stevens. (Her husband had already made plans to go racing that evening.) I was able to get some free tickets from the school where I teach, and we attended a minor league baseball game. This stadium is where the St. Louis Cardinals (I think; it's one of the pro teams) do their spring training. The minor league team that plays there during the regular season is the Jupiter Hammerheads. Anyway, it was a beautiful, breezy evening, and we had a great time just relaxing and spending time with friends.

Payton and Robb before the game began...


Payton and I...there was too much going on for her to actually look at the camera!


Looking a little puzzled about something...probably all the yelling and craziness!


I am blessed with WONDERFUL friends!




Somehow, Payton actually managed a little nap! She is such a busy little tyke and usually will not fall asleep with action happening around her!


She was about the only watching the game! We were all too busy gabbing! And, apparently thumbs taste just as good as hot dogs at a baseball game!


Caleb Heath...isn't he a cutie?!


Kelly gave my arms a little break. I don't think she or Payton minded a bit!


Zachary was pretty fascinated with her! He doesn't quite understand why she can't play with him, though! (At least his idea of playing!)


I told Kelly that maybe we could go ahead with the arranged marriage thing! Handsome guy, beautiful (in my opinion!) girl...and they obviously like each other!


Courtney Heath and Payton...two beautiful little girls!

After the game, they had a fireworks display, which was really nice. I had to take Payton out of the stadium, though. It was pretty loud, and really frightened her! We will definitely try to do this again sometime this summer! We had so much fun. It was a great family activity!

7 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I'm SO glad you are blogging!!! Great pictures - love the close up one of Payton looking right at the camera. Feel free to bring your new friend on Friday if you think she would enjoy it!

Liz said...

Hey! I know Natalie! Give her a huge hug from me!

Liz said...

Oh, I wish we could be there in July! The family camp in AL is always over the 4th . . . I miss the big family celebration we always had . .. It would be sooo cool to see you too!

I think of you often, as I always mistakenly call the new baby girl in our church "Payton" - her name is Michelle, but somehow, I think "Payton!" I'm getting old.

Leah said...

Robyn - looks like fun! We took our kids the summer before David left to a game where we bought the seat and "all you could eat" for one price! Trust me - with my son that was a deal but we had a BLAST!!! Great memories!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and looked like everyone was having fun. I enjoy the pictures of Payton. She is adorable.
Love ya,
Aunt Cheryl

Keith and Crystal said...

Looks like you had a grand time.

See you in a few weeks!!

Charity said...

I know Natalie, too~ from Pell City Bible Methodist Camp, etc. Is she is Hobe Sound now? What a neat person she is! Tell her I said hi.