Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Casey's Wedding

One of the joys of teaching (for me, anyway) are my fellow teachers. I have found many of them to be wonderful friends. One of the first grade teachers, Casey Papa, celebrated a beautiful wedding day just a couple of weeks ago. Robb and I were honored to be asked to sing/play for the wedding. I was going to get a babysitter, but Casey asked that we please bring Payton! Casey has been a special part of Payton's life and she loves, loves, loves children, so we happily obliged and brought Payton along. Casey is a truly amazing teacher. I have learned so much from her creativity and ability to lead her students into a thoroughly fun and exciting learning process. I forgot my camera, so here a just a few pictures that one of the teachers e-mailed to me of our family.





At the cupcake reception...




Payton could not have been more perfect the whole day! One of the teacher's kept her for us while we did the prelude music. Christi said that when I started singing, Payton laid her head down on her shoulder and just went to sleep! She slept through almost the whole mass, and woke up just in time for the reception. She charmed the socks off all the wedding guests with her big smiles and cooing! Once again, I was SO thankful for such a good baby!




Robb and I at the rehearsal dinner the night before...Payton slept through most of the dinner, even though it was very loud in the restaurant!




This picture was taken the week before the wedding, at the Family BBQ at school. Casey is holding Payton with some of the students and teachers looking on. Payton was completely happy the whole time Casey had her...I think she's got the touch!



Congratulations, Casey and Brad! We are so happy for you!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

She's a charmer....no doubt about it!