Monday, November 2, 2009

Neewollah Parade

Though the circumstances surrounding our trip to the midwest were certainly unpleasant, we were able to enjoy some fun fall activities...in real fall weather! On Saturday morning, we joined lots of my family and several friends at a huge 2-hour parade in Independence, Kansas. I grew up going to this parade every Halloween weekend...very much a Kansas tradition! It was SO fun to go back again; brought back lots of great memories! The weather couldn't have been better, the food was as great as I remembered, and the company was just the best! Payton loved it all, of course...almost as much as all the lollipops...apparently her candy of choice!
This was her first lollipop (to my knowledge, anyway!) She loved it!

We joined my cousin, his wife, and two beautiful little girls, Tori and Cera!

Gracie and Darrell Lee Stetler
I was so thrilled that my very dear childhood friend, Liz Stetler, was in town for the weekend. It has been a few years since we've managed to be in the same place at the same time. It was so wonderful to spend just a little time together with Lizzy and her three beautiful children!


Taking it all in!

Labette County High School's Grizzly Marching Band!

My alma mater!


It took Wyatt and Payton a little while to understand that they should pick up the candy thrown at them and put it all in the buckets!


Waving at all the floats passing by!


Lollipop #2...I really am not a bad mother...I promise!


Loving Wyatt's baby blues! What a sweetie! Payton had SO much fun with him all weekend!


Papa's lap=relaxation!

Best place to watch a parade is on Daddy's shoulders!

All tuckered out!


Payton loved waving at all the people passing by!

Payton and Heath Stetler

My friend, Lizzy, and I with our children

I love this girl!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Very cool! Although it was really LONG, my school always loved marching in that parade!

sarahmfry said...

Reminds me of our annual fall parade in Indiana where my folks have a cabin. Haven't been able to go lately, but it's a very special tradition.