Monday, November 2, 2009

A Celebration

Friday was the funeral for my grandmother, whom we call "Memaw". We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful or special day, celebrating our memories of her and the godly life she lived.
I'm not one to take pictures of funerals, but did snap a quick picture of her freshly covered grave later in the day. I'm so thankful that Memaw isn't really buried, but rather in Heaven with Jesus and friends and family who've gone before.

This is looking out at the hills, away from the cemetary. Earlier in the day, the view was beautiful, but I didn't have my camera. As my dad says, this part of Oklahoma is just
plain pretty!

A huge thank you to all the family and friends who came to the visitation and funeral. We appreciated your support. I am proud of what a difference Memaw and Papaw have made in so many lives, evident by all those who came to pay their respects.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't make it for either, but my heart was there! Your Memaw was a special lady and friend! Love ya, Aunt Sue