Monday, June 1, 2009

Congratulations, Bruce and Mandie!

On May 23rd, our extended family had the pleasure of welcoming Bruce Vaughn into our "official" family, as he married my cousin, Mandie. It was a beautiful ceremony, and a fun weekend for us all (though a bit busy!!!) Here are a few pictures from the weekend. You'll have to forgive the order. Some are from the pre-wedding pictures, some are from the actual wedding, and some are from the reception. I combined pictures from a couple different cameras, so I'm not completely sure which is which on some of them!
The happy couple!

Payton and I

My brother and I sang "The Prayer" together. When we were kids, we sang together all the time. It has been a few years since the two of us have sang together, so we really enjoyed it!

Zach, kissing Payton (I was taking the picture while holding Payton on my lap, thus the odd angle! But, it was too cute to pass up!)

Jennifer and Zach...I love this picture of the two of them!

My brother, playing with Payton at the reception.

Payton was much more interested in exploring the piano than in taking pictures!

Zach was the Bible Bearer

These two handsome little guys look so innocent...but watch out!!!

I loved the hands in the pockets!

I thought this was classic!

Wyatt and Payton were the miniature bride and groom...so cute! Mandie was very wise to put them in a wagon together...made it much easier to get them down the aisle! I'm not sure that either of them smiled going down the aisle, but at least neither of them cried!

Payton was not much in the mood for pictures before the wedding, so we were happy to get a couple where she wasn't crying! Many reasons to not be in the best mood--teething, lack of sleep from traveling, time change, new people everywhere, etc., etc. Oh well! I was just happy she made it down the aisle without crying!


This picture made laugh! The way she is standing, it made me think of the Runaway Bride! Fortunately, it was just the miniature one!

Like I said, Payton wasn't in a great mood, but again, this picture just made me laugh! Zach was trying so hard to get her to smile!!!

There we go...kissing' cousins!

The best we got of a smile from these two at the same time!

"Are they seriously going to make us do this?!?"


Such a girly girl...I love it! Payton is really into purses and bags right now. Can't imagine where she got that from!

Bidding the new couple goodbye. I love it...back in the Midwest, they still have lots of fun with the whole "going away" thing!
Congratulations, Bruce and Mandie! We are so happy for you!

1 comment:

Brenda Marquez said...

These are great pictures, Robyn! Thanks for sharing! I personally think that our family has the cutest little ones in the world, don't you? Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone else!!!!
Love you,
Aunt Bennie