Monday, October 27, 2008

Visit to the Pumpkin Patch

Today was the most PERFECT day to visit the Pumpkin Patch! The air was nice and cool, but not cold, a gentle breeze was blowing, and were it not for the palm trees, you could almost pretend you were surrounded by autumn-colored leaves up north! Payton and I were accompanied by my sister-in-law Mary, her four children, her sister, Charlene, with her two boys, and another friend, Rebekah Boissevain with her two children, two nephews, and one niece...quite the crew!


They have this pumpkin bounce house for the older children.


Entrance to the "Pumpkin Patch"...starting to be picked over!


From left to right: Connor Owens, Bryce Owens (we feel like they are "cousins"!), Ethan Huff, Michael Huff (holding Payton), Payton Huff, Devin Huff, and Kaitlyn Huff...I was thrilled to get a picture with all of them looking at the same time!


Devin's ready to go play!



My little pumpkin...
She loved "thumping" her hands against the pumpkins!










This is Grace Boissevain sitting in the cart with Payton. Grace is almost exactly a month older than Payton! Neither appear to be starving, huh!

These lovely ladies will be in school together some day! Nice to know Payton will have such a good girl to be friends with!



Kaitlyn is such a great "big cousin" to Payton!


I just LOVE this picture!

One contented baby girl!
Trying to sneak some hay into her mouth...
Payton apparently loves hay...it's organic, right???!!! (just kidding!)


My very sweet little pumpkin!

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

I'm glad we could join you at the pumpkin patch today. We had a great time!

Mary Ellen said...

I am SO glad you got that top shot, amazing you managed to capture all seven at the exact right time - I missed that one second opportunity so I'll steal yours. "-)

Thank you so much for coming up with the idea and asking us to join you, the kids thoroughly enjoyed it and we all had a good time...and I'm so happy to have some pictures!

CharleneOwensMomof2 said...

Great pictures! It was a beautiful day and perfect for this little venture.

Melanie C. said...

So nice you had great weather. Of course, by the time I decide I want to take my kiddos, the weather turns frigid....oh well, it is supposed to clear up in a couple of days, so maybe. Peyton looks so adorable. You got some great shots of your day at the pumpkin patch!!

Anonymous said...

This Nana loves the pictures and the happy little girl! Mom

Anonymous said...

+ Her Daddy loves her pictures--they make a great background, and helps him get through the day.

Keith and Crystal said...

Looks like everyone had a grand time. I enjoyed the pictures. She sure is growing.....Megan went to the doctor today and she's only 17.1 lbs. :) She's a little shrimp. :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the pumpkin pictures! You're baby is so adorable. Do you make her bows? I'm having trouble finding bows for my little one.....