Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My "funny" for the day...

Being a teacher of young children is ALWAYS interesting, and you never quite know what they might say or do. Well, today, I had one of those moments. While giving a voice lesson to a little girl today, she cleverly changed the words to a song we all know well, "America the Beautiful." She started singing, I started playing, then she "sang" the funniest thing: "Oh beautiful, for spacious spies..." I very carefully stopped her and told her it was "spacious skies" and tried very hard not to laugh...and chuckled to myself later!

2 comments:

Keith and Crystal said...

That is so funny! It reminded me of this summer when we sang, "It's just like Jesus to roll the clouds away" and soon after that I heard her singing, "It's just like Jesus to roll the couch away." :) They are so much fun!

I love your Uppercase Living things. They look very nice where you have them.

The pictures of Payton are adorable, too. :)

Keith and Crystal said...

Sorry, I forgot to tell you who I was talking about. :/ Kristyn was the one singing that. :)