Monday, May 11, 2009

Isn't every day Mother's Day?

Well, Happy Mother's Day (a day late!) to all you mothers out there! The weekend slipped by quickly...with me in bed for most of it! I caught some kind of nasty virus and have been sick since last Tuesday night. Finally, Saturday afternoon, the doctor recommended that I go to the ER. We actually went to a walk-in clinic, which was much faster and cheaper, and I got great care there. They gave me a full liter of fluids via IV, and included some pretty powerful drugs that did me in! However, by that night, all the sick feelings went away. I was just left feeling
p-r-e-t-t-y loopy and so tired! They also put me on a very strict diet (which made my mom's fabulous Mother's Day meal not so fabulous for me!). I am still pretty tired today, but definitely feeling tons better; by tomorrow, I expect to be in full swing again. All that to say...Mother's Day slipped by very quietly and completely and utterly PICTURELESS!!! We are having a fun family day on Saturday, hopefully, and I'll post some pictures then!
On Monday, before I got sick, we had our friend, and Robb's boss, take some outdoor pictures of Payton. He has a really, really great camera and did a very nice job. Here are a few of our favorites!





I decided that as nice as Mother's Day can be, so many plain, "everyday" days of the year feel just as special, with a husband as sweet as Robb, and a baby girl as good and charming as Payton!

6 comments:

Robb said...

Robyn left me home alone & went to teach a voice lesson, so I thought I would comment for a change:>).

One of the reasons Payton seems so happy in these pictures is because she is! On this Mother's Day weekend, I would like to say that those smiles come from a very happy contented home life, which in turn takes a great deal of work. Her "Mommy" takes great care of her, spends lots of time playing & reading with her, and does a great job of keeping her "abundant" personality in check! Believe me, Payton has every reason to smile!

I know many of you that read Robyn's blog are moms--and wonderful moms at that--but I didn't want to miss a chance to brag on the one I know best!

Robb

Mary Ellen said...

That is so nice Robb!!! You are so right, Robyn is a terrific Mommy and the results show in a happy little girl who is a pure delight to be around.

Robyn - I'm so glad you are feeling better! The pictures are too cute, my personal favorites are the first and fifth ones. She is one photogenic little girl.

Robyn Huff said...

Wow! Thanks, Robb. That was so incredibly nice of you to say. Made me shed a tear! I'm not even sure what to say, but thank you!

And, thank you Mary!

I could never begin to be a good mother without loads of support and love from my wonderful family and friends!

Bianca said...

I am sorry that you were feeling so rotten...but I am glad that you are feeling better! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks...or less! Yikes! The pictures are very good! I miss the little munchkin...

Jana said...

What a cutie!! She really seems to be changing in looks, looking more grown up.(esp. in that 5th picture) Fun, Fun!!!

Jamie said...

Payton is getting so big! I can't believe how much she is changing!

Love the new pictures....sorry you were having a rough time.

Love,
Jamie