Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Shopping and Food in Paris

Well, those of you who know me had to be expecting this post! Shopping in Paris? Heavenly!
For Robb, eating in Paris? Heavenly!
Hope you enjoy a few snapshots of some of our favorites!
The Champs-Elysees is truly the place to see and be seen in Paris. This street hold lots of history in itself. At one end is the Arc de Triomphe (more on that later, but a very famous place!), and on the other end is the Louvre. You can imagine why the Champs-Elysees is the 2nd most expensive real estate in the WORLD, second only to Park Ave. in NYC.

You can see the Arc de Triomphe behind me. The shopping on this street was absolutely fantastic...notice I said the "shopping", not the "buying"! We didn't buy much here, but it really was fun to people-watch and window-shop!

One night, we enjoyed escargot! We were a little nervous about trying it, but we actually loved it! It tasted very much like stuffed mushrooms!


I forgot to take a picture before we started, but here we are, a couple snails into it!

Off to another restaurant for dessert...doesn't the window display say it all?

My huge puchase of the trip...Robb surprised me by having me pick out an Hermes scarf! Hermes is true "couture" French, and I, LOVING scarves, was very excited to have my very own real one!!! It is the perfect kind of scarf--can be worn as a belt, headband, or regular scarf around the neck! (If you look at the pictures of us eating escargot, I am wearing it in my hair).

The very large, flagship Hermes store was very interesting on its own. There is a leather guy there handmaking sadles, bridles, etc. The handbags there are truly for only the very, very wealthy, but it was fun to look!

These flower stands are on every corner, it seems!


One of my favorite children's shops along the Champs-Elysees.

No, this isn't a cathedral...it's a department store!!!! Can you believe it? It is absolutely beautiful...worth going just to see! One of the services this 9-floor store offers is a free personal shopper, so I made an appointment one afternoon and had a blast! I got a beautiful linen dress and shirt, but most of all, had lots of fun with a fashion "expert"!



Shopping at the Galeries Lafayette

The antiques flea market was a fantastic experience! I was wishing I could ship all the furniture home with me!!! I did find a couple of beautiful antique lanterns that would fit in my suitcase, and I haggled till the price was right...so much fun!

This is a different flea market...a small one right by our hotel. It mostly had food, things like that, but was also interesting. We only had a few minutes there, but I did find some smocked dresses for Payton for amazing prices!

Robb snapped this picture, saying it would be me if we lived there! I think it was actually a VENDOR'S car, not a SHOPPER'S!

Need I say more?

Good thing we walked everywhere we went, or we could have gained some serious pounds!

I'm getting hungry just blogging about these pastries! In America, this would be an expensive specialty shop...in Paris, just another cafe on another street corner...amazing!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I sure enjoyed reading about your trip and all the pictures! Looks like you had so much fun and made lots of memories!!

Jenness said...

Looks like you had a blast. And, in my very unexpert opinion--you totally look French. :-)

Robyn Huff said...

Thanks, Jenness! Any compliments on my wardrobe go to Jolie C.! She totally got me ready to go...from her closet!!!