Monday, February 2, 2009

This past weekend, Payton and I made a trip back to Oklahoma, primarily to visit my dad's parents. We didn't get to go at Christmas (tickets were outrageous!), so we planned the trip for a little later!
We had a wonderful time, and packed a lot into one short weekend! On Friday, my mom and I almost completely cleaned out my grandparents' kitchen for them. It was a big job for anyone, much less them, so we were happy to help out. On Saturday, we joined my mom's two sisters and some of my cousins for a big, delicious breakfast. After that, the guys all went to do guy stuff, and the girls went to do some fun shopping. (I got a skirt at TJMaxx for $1.00...how's that for a bargain!!!) We all had a great time together. In the evening, we enjoyed a fabulous chili supper and games. On Sunday, we went to my dad's brother's home for a delicious Sunday dinner and some games before we flew out that evening. Here are a few pictures of the weekend.

Payton was fascinated by the automatic towel dispenser in the airport bathroom! She did incredibly well on the airplane. One man told her that she was born to fly!

Papaw and Payton had a great time playing together. We were so happy to see him doing SO WELL!!! A big answer to prayer!

They had a few Christmas and birthday presents for Payton, which she loved!


A "classic" babydoll that will be very special for Payton!


This pretend dog is hilarious! It does all this "real" dog stuff, obeys commands, etc....the perfect house dog! My dad even had fun playing with it!


Breakfast at Aunt Becky's!


Payton and Tori...my cousin's little girl. For those of you that know Misty and Crystal, my cousins, this is their niece.

Cera and her big sister, Tori


Payton and Tori played Aunt Becky's piano...she didn't mind at all!

Bruce entertained Payton and Tori...he is marrying my cousin, Mandie, in a few short months!


Baths are fun no matter where you are!



Checking out her gifts from Uncle Larry, Angie, and Callie (my dad's brother and his family)!


My cousin, Callie, is only two weeks younger than me. We were very close growing up, but don't see each other often. It was great to be together again. This was her first time meeting Ms. Payton, and Payton warmed right up to her!


My dad and his brother check out the latest gun project.


Memaw and Papaw really enjoyed playing with Payton.

They surprised us with a little birthday cake for Payton!


She dug right in!


I am so blessed to have these memories of Payton with her great-grandparents!

We finished out the afternoon with a couple of games...lots of fun, even though Uncle Larry and Callie beat us hands down at Taboo!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you while you were here. So glad you let us meet up with you and visit. Love, Dana

Jodi said...

Such great pictures of Payton! I can not believe she is over a year old already- =)
Jodi